More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
A Non-Traditional Playlist of Bedtime Lullaby Songs
Long before I ever had Judah, before my husband and I ever even talked about having children, I knew that one day I wanted to do something very special with my baby-to-be: I always wanted to sing my child to sleep. Many moons ago with an accomplished vocal music background, I had ambitions to become an opera singer. While my opera career might be on permanent hold, my love of music hasn’t gone away. Now that Judah is here, I get to share this magical bonding moment of singing to my son any time I want to.
In our house, we have pretty eclectic musical tastes; even before he was born, we played a variety of music to Judah with headphones straddling my growing belly. Now that Judah’s here, we’ve compiled a rather non-traditional bedtime lullaby playlist that allows me to sing him to sleep and to develop his musical ear at an early age.
Here are the songs we play to Judah and to which I sing along to lull him to sleep. Click on each title to download them from iTunes!
Judah’s Non-Traditional Bedtime Lullaby Playlist
- Awake My Soul by Mumford & Sons
- Beyond This Moment by Patrick O’Hearn
- Exogenesis: Symphony Part III by Muse
- A Glorious Dawn by Carl Sagan/A Symphony of Science
- I Am Weary (Let Me Rest) from the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack
- Keepsake by State Radio
- The Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas
- Mad Tom of Bedlam by Jolie Holland
- Masterfade by Andrew Bird
- May it Be by Enya
- Reckoner by Radiohead
- BomBom by Macklemore
- Safe & Sound by Taylor Swift, from The Hunger Games soundtrack
- The Scientist by Willie Nelson
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawio’ole
- Till Kingdom Come by Coldplay
- Washing of the Water by Peter Gabriel
- Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel) by Billy Joel
- Sleep Tight by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Blackbird by The Beatles
What songs do you sing to your little one? What tunes are on your baby’s playlist? Share in the comments!