More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
9 Ways to Celebrate Father's Day
On Father’s Day I love to create a lasting memory for my husband. It’s a day when all of our attention is focused on him and doing things that he loves to do. Rather than buying big expensive gifts, I love to fill the day doing things that he enjoys doing. Most of the time we tag along and make it a family activity, but I also like to give him a couple hours to himself because it’s rare that he gets that anymore now that we have three little ones.
There are so many great ways to celebrate dad this Father’s Day and here are some of my favorites!
1. Make him breakfast in bed- My husband is always the first one out of bed in the morning. He gets up with the girls to let me and Macks sleep in because I am the one that gets up with him in the middle of the night. On Father’s Day, I want him to get some much needed rest while the girls and I cook him up something nice in the kitchen. It’s always a great to wake up to the smell of a freshly cooked breakfast.
2. Attend a sporting event- My husband is a huge baseball fan. It just so happens that Father’s Day falls during baseball season. A couple of years ago I surprised him with tickets and we went as a family to a baseball game. It was so special to be able to enjoy something that he loves as a family.
3. Have a barbecue- We are moving the week of Father’s Day and will now have a grill in our backyard. I plan on putting it to good use and grilling up his favorite meat and veggies for a nice meal we can enjoy outdoors.
4. Take over his chores- Whether it’s mowing the lawn or washing the cars, take away the hassle and surprise him with all of his weekend chores done so he can really take the weekend to relax and unwind.
5. Take a family staycation- If you are feeling extra adventurous, pick a place in your city and create a little mini staycation for the weekend. Make sure the accommodations are filled with things that dad would love to do and enjoy!
6. Make it a movie night- Does dad have a favorite movie that he could watch over and over again? Pop some popcorn and turn down the lights and let everyone enjoy dads favorite flick.
7. Make a video to show him why you love him- This year I plan on sitting the girls down and doing a little mini interview with them asking them questions about their dad. I will edit it and then let him watch it on Father’s Day morning.
8. Make him a photo album- Every year since my husband’s first Father’s Day, I’ve always made him a photo book of that year with him and each of our children. It’s so amazing to look back at those books and see how their relationships have grown.
9. Give him alone time- While it’s fun to have the entire day planned for dad, give him a couple hours during the day to do something on his own. He will love a couple of hours of independence.