More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
5 Fun Ways to Engage Your Baby
Miss Margot just hit the 4-month mark. Each day, she is growing more and more and showing off more of her personality. She’s super alert and LOVES to interact with others – me, her daddy, her big sisters, etc.
With a little one, it’s sometimes hard to know what kinds of things are developmentally appropriate for a certain age or stage. Margot can’t yet sit up by herself, and she certainly can’t do most of the things her older sisters like to do, so it’s important for me to make sure I’m interacting with her on her level. Here are 5 of my favorite ways to engage my 4-month-old baby…
- Lay and play. This is by far the most fun I have with Margot. Several times a day, I lay with her on the floor or in my bed, and we just chit-chat. We talk and play and she coos back to me. Sometimes we’ll do tummy time, too. It’s my favorite way to spend some alone time with her.
- Go for a walk. This is a perfect activity for the entire family. Because Margot can now hold her head up, she’s super attentive during family walks or hikes. She loves the fresh air and she loves seeing the nature around her. I always wear her in a carrier, which leaves my hands free.
- Sing a song. Singing is a great way to engage your baby. Lullabies or sing-song rhymes are perfect for infants. I can tell that my singing calms Margot down, too. It’s a great way to soothe her before a nap or after she’s been upset.
- Read a story. Reading is SO important, especially at such a young age. Board books with few words and high contrast images are best for small babies. Margot loves it when her daddy reads to her, especially!
- Take a bath. Bathtime is another place where Margot comes alive. She LOVES the water. She splashes around and loves when I swoosh her back and forth in the water. It’s another great place to chit-chat, too!