Thanks to Disney Baby for sponsoring this post and giving me Huggies Little Movers diapers for free.
One of the great things about having two other children around is their desire to help me with Macks. My oldest daughter is always asking how she can help me with />her brother. She’s not old enough to do the big stuff, but there is a lot that she can help me with. I love getting them involved with their little brother. Not only is it a great way to help build their relationship, but it also is a great way to teach them responsibility. Check out some of the ways that I get them involved in helping me with their little brother.
- Diaper Changes – Although they aren’t old enough to change his diapers, they are old enough to help me get all of the diaper supplies. I’ll have one grab me a Huggies Little Movers diaper and the other grab me some Huggies Natural Care Wipes. They then sit next to me and keep Macks entertained while I change his diaper. He is in a ultra-squirmy stage right now, so them keeping him occupied is a huge help.
- Feeding – Every once in a while, instead of nursing Macks, I’ll give him a bottle. I’ve noticed that he doesn’t take a bottle as well from me, so I often hand it off to others. The girls love to feed him and will take turns holding the bottle.
- Picking Out Clothes – My girls love anything that has to do with fashion. They look forward to picking out their clothes every morning. To get them involved with Macks (because they can’t dress him on their own) I let them pick out his clothes. One will be in charge of the top and the other will be in charge of the bottoms. They love knowing that they helped get him dressed for the day.
- Play Time – If there is something that I need to get finished while Macks is awake, I’ll let the girls lay on the ground with him and keep him entertained. They have come up with a way to make him laugh hysterically. It’s the sweetest sound to hear and pretty magical to watch.
- In the Car – Macks isn’t the biggest fan of the car, so I enlist in the help from my oldest daughter to keep him entertained while we are on car rides. The way that our car seats are positioned, it gives Macks and Harlan perfect view of one another.