More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
5 Things My Husband Does Better as a Parent (and 5 That I'm Better At)
One of the fun things about becoming a parent is watching your spouse take on a new role as well. Over the last two years, I’ve loved noticing the things that he’s better at as a parent, while I pat myself awkwardly on the back for the things that I do better.Bart is better at:
- Keeping track of diaper changes. He’s far less likely to forget to change a diaper after a nap or first thing in the morning than I am.
- Getting Ella to laugh.
- Picking really cute outfits (I know? What kind of mother AM I?)
- Making up stories while we drive or before bed. My made-up stories are abysmally pointless and generally around thirty seconds long. Bart, on the other hand, spins 5-10 minute tales that Ella can’t get enough of.
- Being the hard-nose parent. I know that dads sometimes get a bad rap for always getting to be the fun one, and I don’t feel like I’m a pushover, but he really is the one that is less likely to change his mind if Ella is unhappy about some pronouncement.
I’m better at:
- Providing balanced/healthy meals and snacks.
- Planning outings for the three of us to do on the weekends.
- Making sure Ella stays on a regular sleeping schedule.
- Helping her learn to play independently.
- Snuggling her when she’s grumpy or tired.
What about in your family? What are you better at and what is your partner better at in the parenting department?