Although there are telltale signs that your little one has made the transition from babyhood to toddlerhood, there are also some clear indicators that you’ve made the transition to parenting a toddler.
Here are 15 signs you’re living with a toddler:
1. Before you do something, you consider the likelihood of a tantrum occurring.
2. You choose your snacks carefully, because whatever it is, you’re going to have to share it. (Unless it’s chocolate. In that case, you hide and enjoy).
3. There’s crayon on places other than coloring books (the wall, table, ottoman…).
4. The last thing you watched on TV starred talking animals.
5. There are crackers in the crevices of your couch and pacifiers and/or sippy cups under them.
6. You’ve attempted to do the “Hot Dog Dance” (or anything that you know will result in toddler giggles).
7. You are even more careful about what you say because it’s likely a little someone is going to repeat it.
8. Someone’s always knocking and trying to peek (and maybe even crying) under the door when you’re using the bathroom.
9. If you turn on your stereo “DJ Shuffle” comes on (and you know the words!).
10. You use baby wipes for everything.
11. You’ve started checking vases, cabinets, and behind furniture for your keys, phone, or other missing items.
12. Your dog helps clean the floor after meals.
13. You can sense (and often stop) a spill or fall before it happens.
14. Naptime: When you begin hushing anyone who dares to speak above a whisper, and hope the dog doesn’t start barking or that the UPS driver doesn’t make any deliveries.
15. Every room in the house has at least one stuffed animal, board book, and plastic toy… and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
Sound familiar? Then there’s no denying you’ve got a toddler at home. There are moments when we can’t help but laugh (occasionally some when I want to cry right alongside my little one). Never a dull moment!