The 10 Things I Loved Most About My Husband During My Pregnancy
Being pregnant is such a crazy experience. But one thing that a lot of women I know agree on is that being pregnant makes you fall even more in love with your husband in ways you never even imagined. Here’s some of the things that made me gaga over my man during my pregnancy…
image by sloan photographers
1. The way he touched my belly. (Which normally would never come out of my mouth.) But when I was pregnant he would gently rest his hands there and it was like our whole family was cuddling.
2. The way he looked at me. The tenderness and sweetness in his gaze conveyed his awe every day. Not gonna lie, it made me feel like a rockstar.
3. How he would anticipate my cravings. That man would get me bagels whenever I wanted and would come home with ice cream just because.
4. How he got excited about random baby things. While he didn’t care too much about which color stroller we got or which blanket I added to our registry, he would find random baby things that we just HAD to have. Like a t-shirt with an old school Atari controller on it. ;)
5. How supportive he was of my nesting. When I designed and ordered 5 pieces of art for the nursery wall, then decided I didn’t like them, he stood behind my decision to replace them. He went with me on the idea to paint one wall super dark blue, even knowing that we’ll have to paint it back when we leave.
6. That he let me turn the air down to FREEZING in our house. He would walk around in sweat shirts while I sweated to death every day. Ah the joys of hormones.
7. His imagination. I loved hearing him tell me his dreams for the future with our son – all the things he was excited about and the experiences he couldn’t wait to share. Swoon.
8. How much he wanted to document what was happening. My husband was 100% on board for maternity photos and video taped our entire trip to the doctors office when we found out the gender of our baby. That video still cracks me up.
9. His little ritual. He said goodnight to my belly EVERY NIGHT and told my belly that he loved it. It became a special ritual before bed.
10. How unfazed he was by the medical side of things. He went to all of my midwife visits. He made sure he asked lots of questions. When he knew something was bothering me, he spoke up on my behalf. Having such a great partner made the whole experience less stressful.
Becka Robinson is a photographer and a blogger. On her personal blog, Life As An Artistpreneur she candidly shares inspiration and tips for fellow “artistpreneurs”. See all of Becka’s posts on Disney Baby here. Want more? Connect with Becka on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!