More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
10 Totally Cliché Parenting Things I've Done
When you’re not a parent and you hear about some of the things parents do, you think “I will NEVER do that.”
But then you have your own child and … you do many of those things. It’s just hard to resist, sometimes.
These eight are my most common cliche parenting moments:
- Gone in to look at my sleeping children and gotten teary over how fast they’re growing up. I cannot believe I have a four-year-old – I think she was just born last month!
- Hid in the bathroom. Sometimes, five minutes in the bathroom is just what you need to get through an afternoon.
- Put my children to bed after a long day and then looked at pictures of them. You’d think I want to do anything BUT look at pictures of them after being with them all day, but somehow, I can’t get enough.
- Put them to bed an hour before bedtime. Let me tell you, I’m in no hurry for my children to learn to tell time.
- Told my children they couldn’t have dessert and then eaten ice cream once they were in bed. Why does ice cream taste a little better when all the children are asleep in bed?
- Been SURE I couldn’t love a second child as much as my first. But, then, just like everyone else, I really do love the second just as much!
- Gone on a date with my husband and spent the whole time talking about kids. Mostly about how cute they are and how much we love them.
- Let my child keep their pacifier for years. My oldest daughter didn’t get rid of hers until she was three and a half. Pre-parenthood, I would have been horrified, but as a parent, I really really liked my sleep.
- Eaten food off my baby’s plate. Before I had kids, this seemed so gross. Now, it just seems like not wasting.
- Kissed a smashed finger or bumped head better. Apparently I have the mother magic, and I love it.