More on Disney Baby
Create magical moments with these inspired ideas and feel-good products.
10 Moms Share Their Gratitude
I feel like this year has run away from us, and yet when I look back on photographs and video clips, it’s clear that we’ve had a very busy and very full 2013. In October, I put together a post featuring just some of the things that I was so incredibly grateful for this year. We celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving one month before the United States, so you can say I got a bit of a head start ;).
With Thanksgiving just days away, I wanted to poll some of my friends who have babies and toddlers and see what they were most grateful for in 2013. I hope you find their answers as uplifting and heartwarming as I did.
What are YOU most grateful for this holiday season? Voice your thoughts in the comments below.
This year I’m especially thankful for:
1. The joy that comes forth from watching my daughters’ love on each other.
2. What it feels like to hold a sleeping baby in my arms.
3. Thanks to God’s grace and the support of my husband, the opportunity to be home with my baby for her first year.
I’m thankful for:
1. A husband who is caring and always willing to help in any way he can.
2. My children’s overall health, which I know is a precious gift and I don’t take for granted.
3. A job that allows me to work from home, even though it’s challenging many days.
Three things they are most grateful for this year:
1. Making it through a high-risk pregnancy and ending up with a full-term / healthy baby boy.
2. Having a husband that doesn’t curb my obsessive need to travel. And having a job that allows me unlimited opportunities to do so.
3. Closing out the baby-making stage of my life and moving into the baby-raising portion. We are officially a family of five.
I’m thankful for:
1. Squishy, squeezy, chubby baby legs.
2. Sweet nephews in soft & snuggly bodysuits.
3. Sisters who are always willing to hand over their babies to aunties with open arms.
1. Inspiration. I’ve found inspiration everywhere this year from my friends, to my family, and my peers.
2. Time. As focused as I’ve been on my career, I’ve really tried to stop and smell the roses. Living in the moment while spending time with my family has been wonderful.
3. Challenges. This year has given me a fair amount of challenges, but overcoming them has brought me to the place I am today.
1. Birth of my baby girl, Victoria. After four sons, I never dreamed we’d be blessed with a girl.
2. The average family nights of making dinner, homework and watching TV. I made a goal this year to embrace the ordinary moments, because it’s those that I treasure the most.
3. To see my kids start to find their passions in sports and activities. It’s been amazing to see each of them love something so much, all on their own!
1. My Family.
2. Our Health – I thank God every single day for the giant blessing of health he has given our family.
3. Time – I often say, “time is bittersweet,” but the great privilege of being able to choose how I spend my time is an enormous gift that I’m very grateful for this year. I get to be a wife, mom, daughter, sister, entrepreneur, blogger, and friend.
Gratitude for 2014:
1. Good health — my former 25-week preemie graduated from all of her therapies!
2. The opportunity to spend time together at the beach on our first-ever family vacation!
3. Cute rain boots with which to jump in puddles and make memories.
1. I’m grateful for my career and how it has given me the opportunity to travel with my family to amazing places. There is nothing that brings me greater joy than watching my children experience the world.
2. My husband’s support is the one thing that I do not take for granted. He is my rock.
3. I’m grateful for life and the memories that it brings. I lost one of the most important people in my life earlier this year and that put so much into perspective.