Minnie Mouse Gelatin Jigglers
If ever a mouse looked pretty in pink, it’s Minnie. Made from strawberry gelatin and cream, these jiggly mice make a sweet treat choice for your little girl’s first birthday.
- 13- by 9-inch pan
- Cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- 4 (1-ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 3 (3-ounce) packages red flavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Round cookie or fondant cutters, 2 1/4-inch wide or so for the head and 1 1/2-inch wide or so for the ears (check the cake decorating section of your grocery or craft store)
1. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray. If you accidently use too much, wipe away the excess with a paper towel. Set the pan aside.
2. Whisk together the unflavored and flavored gelatin powders in a mixing bowl. Pour in the boiling water and whisk well until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Whisk in the whipping cream until blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and chill it on a level shelf in the refrigerator until firm (about 4 hours). As the gelatin sets, it will separate into two layers (one creamy pink and the other clear pink).
5. For each Minnie Jello Jiggle, use the larger cookie (or fondant cutter) to cut out a gelatin head, and place it on a plate. Then use the smaller cutter to cut out a pair of gelatin ears.
6. Next, use the smaller cutter to cut away a tiny curved section from the head where each of the ears goes, as shown, and slide the ears in place.
For more Minnie fun, check out the official Mickey Mouse site.